“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
Ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, Who are you not to be!”
President Nelson Mandela 1996 Inaugural Speech
© Marianne Williamson
What is coaching?
Coaching provides you with the tools, space, support, and guidance you need so you can gain clarity and direction. It gives you the opportunity to truthfully acknowledge where you are at. Coaching will help you capitalise on your strengths, overcome obstacles in your life and move towards your goals.
It’s a thought-provoking and creative process that will:
- Improve your outlook on work and life
- Improve your self-awareness and positivity
- Put you in an empowered and informed space, better able to make decisions and take action
- Help you to set S.M.A.R.T (Specific, MeasurAble, Realistic and Time framed) goals
- Help you build positive foundations for the future
- Improve your leadership skills
- Unlock your potential
My clients are frustrated with their current circumstances, they come from all walks of life. They are people who are ready to ask important questions of themselves and look within to achieve personal growth and bring change to their life.
- Do you feel stuck in you professional or personal life?
- Are you finding it hard to make decisions?
- Do you need support making a big life change?
- Do you want to improve your leadership style?
- Have you had a knock back and lost confidence?
If you answer YES to any of these questions, you will benefit from employing a Life Coach.
My coaching style is informal and direct, compassionate and down to earth. I will work collaboratively and creatively with you to gain clarity around the circumstances in your life. Every session is defined by you and your goals. I believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole, the expert in their own lives.
- Challenge you to encourage a shift in the way you think so you can discover alternative options.
- Help you to harness your natural abilities and resourcefulness when dealing with life difficulties.
- Allow you to uncover your limiting beliefs and gradually undo the blocks which inhibit your growth and performance so, that you can take action towards your goals between sessions.
This approach will help you build a balanced life that is right for you.
My Responsibility to you is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what you want to achieve
- Encourage your self-discovery
- Elicit solutions and strategies generated by you
- Hold you responsible and accountable
- Support you through the process
All I require is that you are committed and willing to explore possible solutions that might help you overcome the hurdles you face. Though this may seem daunting at first, the process is light hearted, creative and fun and I will ensure that the pace is set by you.
Your first coaching session is FREE and will take 60 minutes.
It’s an opportunity to determine whether we are a good fit. In the session, we will talk about your current situation and what you think your desired outcome will be after being Coached. This might change over the course of the program. During the meeting, we will discuss fees and the type of Coaching package that would be best suited to you.
Coaching is NOT Counselling
It’s important to understand the difference between the two approaches. This will help you to choose the right person and methodology to help you on your journey of personal growth.
There is a slight cross over between counselling and coaching, insomuch as both are helping roles, where the client is given a private and confidential space to discuss their concerns and find ways in which to deal with them.
A brief summary of difference.
- Coaching is action orientated, vs Counselling is coping orientated.
- Coaches want to help you recognise what you think vs Counsellors want to help you recognise how you feel and think.
- Coaching helps you set and achieve goals vs Counselling helps you recognise and solve your problems in life.
- A Coach will challenge you frequently vs A Counsellor is there to support you with empathy and understanding (although they might gently challenge you too).
- A Coach is focused on your potential vs A Counsellor is focused on helping you be at peace with yourself and your life.
- Coaches receive some training vs Counsellors who experience extensive training in human development, sexuality, family dynamics, and mental health conditions.